Rat Forum banner

1 - 1 of 1 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have female 3 rats. Jinx and Ruby I got in April, Goose i got in July. I got Jinx and Ruby off of craigslist and I took in Goose because a friend's younger sister who bought her at petco on an impulse buy and then realized she couldn't take care of her. Everyone got along really well at first. Jinx and Ruby had always been skittish and Goose didnt seem so skittish; actually when i introduced Goose, she seemed to make the other two more outgoing. But now, this probably doesn't make sense, Goose seems a little insecure... she has gotten more skittish, like the other two have rubbed off on her.

But the main thing that concerns me, it almost seems that Ruby is always aggressively cleaning Goose. Goose tries to get away but Ruby wont let her. Goose doesn't play with Ruby and Jinx play together. Goose is smaller than the other two but not too much. one time i noticed what looked like a red smear behind one of goose's ears where ruby is cleaning her a lot, and since she is albino it showed up more. I tried looking but i didn't notice any broken skin but it looked like something was there.... when the other two clean each other it seems like theyre enjoying it but it seems like Ruby is too concerned with cleaning goose and goose doesnt like it but doesn't fight back she just lets ruby pin her down after one or two attempts of running away. today i thought i saw a little blood on goose's back but she kept trying to get out of my hands i couldnt get a good look. I know cleaning is good for each other but it seems excessive like ruby is bullying her... i dont know my other rats were so docile maybe i am over reacting. but it just seems that goose's attitude has changed and i just want all my babies to be happy

1 - 1 of 1 Posts