Rat Forum banner
1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
549 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Last night I bought my little boys a jingly ball and a mouse shaped cat toy. Gave them to them after cage cleaning last night (yay lime green!) woke up this morning and the boys have decided the best place to keep their new toys is in their litter box :roll: I even took the little mouse out and but it on the other side of the cage, within a minute or two is was back in the litter box being sat on, Jenner might possibly think hes a chicken

So I figured since my cage was clean I'd post some pics, unfortunately the large tubes smell horrible and are not in my cage right now, so you cant see the boys favorite toys

heres the whole cage

the top, where Justin and Johnathan live

the bottom, where Jenner and Brisby live

and now some pics of the boys 8)

keepin daddy warm (these are the big boys)

Mealworm Fishin'

Hammock time (Justin)

Johnathan watching me from the tube

·
Registered
549 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
sometimes they use the one in the top cage to get into the hammock, Ive never seen them use the one in the bottom but Im not sure that means it doesn't get used, I know a lot goes on when I'm sleeping just based on their redecorating

·
Registered
549 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
the white bowl? its the contents of a container of meal worms, the boys love digging through the sawdust to get to the worms, the longer they're out of the fridge the more they move.... the crunchy sounds they make while eating the bugs are kinda nasty, but they look so cute sittin' back munchin away hehehe

the purple bowls are their food bowls (amazing dishes, $2 a petsmart, they have never been tipped over, though Justin did push his empty bowl out of the cage onto my head when I was feeding the little boys) and I believe are filled with suebees

·
Registered
1,095 Posts
Nice FN! I seriously can't get enough of FN pictures :p I love the bright green liners - really makes the cage pop.

Curious - do the ratties ever inhale the sawdust when digging around for mealies? That's something I'd worry about, considering the fact that it's so fine.

·
Registered
549 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
They usually snag the ones that wiggle to the top, Ive never seen them sneeze while doing it and they've never been porophiny so I don't think its a problem. Its not something they're around all the time, we only do it about once a month

·
Registered
549 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
The names are from "The Rats of Nimh" we were having trouble naming the big boys and then my boyfriend made me watch that movie and we picked Justin and Johnathan, when we got the little boys we picked Jenner and Brisby (main character Mrs Brisby is actually a mouse, don't tell Brisby that!)

·
Registered
549 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
Its felt, it comes in 72 in wide which is perfect. Its cheaper than the fleece but doesn't come in fun patterns :-(

1 - 17 of 17 Posts