Rat Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am receiving 2 1 year old girls from someone who cannot keep them anymore they come with their cage and everything in it. me and my parents both agree that we will probably keep the new girls together and keep pretzel my old rat in her cage by herself. the question is do I still need to introduce them like I would a normal new rat even though they won't be living together? their cages will be right next to each other but a few inches away so there's no biting after a few weeks do you think it would be safe to let them free room together? Thanks!

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter #4 (Edited)
because when pretzels sister was still alive we tried to introduce amother rat Tavi, pretzels sister killed her (the new rat) on the spot even after we had done the process the right way. I personally don't agree that we need to keep them apart but my parents think that we should and they won't let me put them together besides I have two cages so why not better safe than sorry seeing as pretzel is almost 3 in the new girls are 1 what I'm asking is whether I should still introduce them even if they won't be living in the same cage.

·
Registered
479 Posts
If your worried about her killing them then introducing them wouldn't make sense. If you do introduce them and they get along you might as well let them move in together. Thats how I see it at any rate. It would seem silly to me to keep rats who get along seperated.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts