Rat Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
358 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My new foster girls have this thing.
When I first checked out ebony, she pretty much laid in my arms and when I pet her she shook.
Now whenever I pet Runway, she moves away and then shakes or vibrates her ears, something along those terms with her head or ears.

Do you know what this means? Am I scaring off my girls who I actually need to socialize?

And will my females teach them some manners and maybe help me? I moved them in yesterday and there were no fights other than the usual who is higher then who. No injuries, but really.

I need help on getting them to want to be with humans and whats with this vibrating shaky thing?? :roll:

EDIT: Her hair also starts to stick up. Ive never seen this with my girls.

·
Registered
4,535 Posts
Vibrating ears can be a sign of heat but poofing fur... That's usually aggression... perhaps fear?

Only one of my boys has ever poofed up, and that's Jack. He's aggressive out of fear, as far as I can tell, but he's always let me put his fur back and then he cuddles me and goes back to poofing at the other rats. :(

·
Registered
358 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
:( I don't want her to be scared.
It seems now all Ruby does is bite anything that comes near her which is upsetting. I tried giving yoggies and she got me, but no blood, scared the **** out of me.

Red eyes is bad eye site right? But when I got to get her, she backs up and makes sure her heads facing me which makes me scared that she may bite so I'm starting to get scared of them.

·
Registered
4,535 Posts
Red or pink eyes have much worse eyesight, yes.

Perhaps try feeding them off a spoon. Snatching and catching metal would shock most rats into behaving a bit more calmly?

1 - 5 of 5 Posts