Rat Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
158 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Can you wash your rat because I saw on a online animal shopping site you can buy shampoo for guinea-pigs and hamsters and rabbits? Just wondered cuz I thought when my boys get too smelly I could wash them if I bought some of the shampoo

·
Registered
208 Posts
Yes you can, some people say you don't need to because rats are generally really clean anyway, but I bathe mine once a month. They pee on each other and they are also boys so we get the grease. My husband is really allergic to them (or something about them) so we tend to go overboard with the cleaning.

Anyhow I usually use either a baby shampoo or a very small amount of Dawn or Ivory dish soap. RINSE WELL!! The baby shampoo is great because it's gentle and safe, the dish soap is wonderful at breaking down that buck grease. Again, rinse well.

·
Registered
158 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Ohh okaai thanks =] im going up to the pet store again tomoz so i will see if they have any for rats and can i just say your rat Stanley has to be the cutest rat ive ever seen lovely markings! the others are adorable too though i must say!

1 - 4 of 4 Posts