Rat Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
71 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
You know when one rat ruins it for EVERYBODY. As an example.

Yesterday I was playing with the baby rats on my bed. I have a "rat blanket" that goes on my bed so my bed doesn't get gross. We were having a good ratty time, and suddenly I see a mysterious blob moving under the blanket. "Oh Some one got under the blanket" flips up blanket and nothings their "... god no."

She was IN the blanket. I had to put everyone away and preform surgery on the play time blanket. Turns out it was my favorite girl
"Look what you did no one can play now"

So today I am going to get a new more durable play blanket
You guys have anything like that?

·
Registered
335 Posts
ROFL That's hillarious.

I use a thin tightly quilted blanket. It soaks up the accidents but there is really only one "layer" so I wouldn't think it would be possible for a rat to get inside it.

·
Registered
604 Posts
Aww! That's cute though haha. My problem child basically does everything and anything I don't want him to. Too many stories to tell but one is that he tore a giant hole in my sisters carpet. She wasn't too happy about that. And two, he has a habit of finding little nooks and crannies to sneak into. So I have to Renegade proof my room and be on hawkwatch the entire time he is out. Lol

·
Registered
10 Posts
I have had my rat buddy for a few weeks now......he's almost a year old. Very timid guy.... When I haven't let him free roam in a small room I have in a couple days he kind of goes Rattie Psycho! He tries to escape, he gets inside his hide away box and drags it all over loudly while he is inside of it...lol He trashes his cage. Then I let him out for an hour and he goes back into cage and passes out in his box LOL I a still learning more and more about his personality and he is really something. Cracks me up!

·
Registered
139 Posts
One of my rats is obsessed with dragging things. o_O I will just nicely finish cleaning their cage, have all new newspaper in their cage, and the second I put them back in Frankie starts shredding it into strips and dragging those strips all over the cage until he finds the best spot, and then shreds every bit of newspaper he can get his teeth on and piles it in his spot, and then lays on it. -_- His brothers just look at him like 'what is your deal?'

That's not all though. When you're free-ranging on the bed (I also use a blanket), he constantly tries to pull up the sides and corners of the rat blanket. One time when I just let him do it, he pulled the blanket halfway up the bed before he lost interest. xP If he's sitting on my shoulder, he tries to pull on the sleeves of my shirt for some reason. He even tries to pull his brothers around sometimes. O.O Usually they just squeak at him angrily and he lets go, but still.... he is a strange rat.

·
Registered
346 Posts
So I have two little girls, Esmerelda and Endora. Es is the shy one and she follows what her sister does. Endora is the fearless one. she is a climber and likes to see how high she can get before she gives me that "A little help here" look when she wants me to retrieve her. If she gets a hold of something and you try to take it away from her, she is surprisingly strong. One day I'll tell you about the cigarette butt incident. Endora does not care that my cats are bigger than her. Raven probably still feels Endora latched on her rear end when they were accidentally introduced without the cage between them. She chews through anything in seconds. We have moved into the bedroom for free ranging after I took the mattress off of the box springs and just put it on the floor. The main reason is because my husband kept finding chew marks on his chair and on his headset he uses for work (he works at home). I had a bottle of vitamin drops for them that mysteriously got a hole and drained out all over the floor. For all this, she grooms me and gives me snuffles and kisses so I can't stay mad very long. Possessions are just that, possessions. I don't care if she gnaws on it as long as it doesn't harm her. Everything is replaceable.

·
Registered
1,115 Posts
Problem child? More like problem children. Cheerio and Gizzard are mine. Cheerio (aka Lord of the Hoard) hoards the food. ALL the food. Then she sits on the pile and defends it.

Gizzard picks fights with all the other rats, then gets very upset when they fight back. Even the slightest retaliation by the other rat will cause Gizzard to scream like she is being murdered and then run to the front of the cage where she shakes the bars and flashes her "Help me! I'm cute!" face.

·
Registered
119 Posts
One of my girls knocks things off my shelves because she knows I will come pick her up after. She sits there and slowly nudges things towards the edge all the time pausing and looking at me to see if I'm watching.

·
Registered
132 Posts
When it's time for my girls to go back in the cage(like in the morning when I take them out before school), they enjoy climbing up on top of the cage and clinging on for dear life. They enjoy making me rushed, it seems:grin:

Also, once one of them climbed onto my bookshelf and got wedged in the books... I had to take them all off the shelf to get her down!

·
Registered
119 Posts
My little Ronnie is a clever little monster who enjoys chewing my new furniture, he knows what hes doing because when i yell "Ronnie stop chewing that" he stops and looks at me lol... hes also the little monster who if ive left the door open a tiny amount he will sneak out the door and go on his own adventure up stairs! I thought id lost him forever the first time he did it, i couldnt even tell the door was slightly open!

Then splinter gave me a heart attack when he climbed into the hood of the electric fire! he just shimmied up the side of the hood, and i couldnt figure out how to dismatle the fire to get him out in the end i had to wedge a ladder near the hole and wait for him to let himself out :L

The also have a tenancy to run under my bum just as im about to sit down! its a miricle no one has been squished yet *touch wood* last time i literally got to the point where i was sitting down but hadnt quite put my full weight down when i realised there was a squishy lump under me! its a good job rats are fairly flat and squishy! xxx

1 - 12 of 12 Posts