Rat Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
1,409 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Every morning, my husband and I have a yoghurt smoothie with our breakfast. Well, a couple of mornings I gave the cap to Ratty, our eldest rat, so she could lick the tiny bit in it from me shaking up the smoothie.

On the third morning, I was doing some stuff in the kitchen, so I wasn't sitting in my chair as early as I usually would be. The rats were out on their couch and I had forgotten to move my chair back so they couldn't get onto it, while I wasn't there.

My husband called through to the kitchen and said something like "you have a visitor". I asked which one, and when he said it was Ratty I said "oh, she'll be waiting for her smoothie...", half joking. So he tried to pet her and play with her, but she kept doing her disapproving sneeze/snort and moving away from him, but holding her place on the chair, waiting for me. He said "she's definitely waiting for something!" I grabbed a smoothie out of the fridge, shook it up and gave her the lid - she took it and ran off to her couch with it straight away!

I'm really impressed that she knew it was smoothie time, especially as I wasn't sitting in my chair and I hadn't even taken a smoothie out of the fridge, yet, so it wasn't that she heard me shaking one or anything. She obviously knows what she likes!

·
Registered
10,641 Posts
Awww she has you trained just beautifully LOL

They are incredibly smart and pick things up quickly with very little repetition. I think we need a pic of Ratty with her much desired smoothie lid. :D

·
Registered
1,409 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
She's gotten a little bored with it, now - she will still drink it, but she doesn't get so excited - but if I can get her interested in it again I'll take a picture. She holds it like a steering wheel. :D

·
Registered
1,409 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
lilspaz68 said:
I think we need a pic of Ratty with her much desired smoothie lid. :D
Well, this morning she wouldn't leave me alone until I went and got my smoothie again (such an indecisive rat!) The battery was dying on the camera, but I managed to get these two -

Spilling it as she took it (click for larger) -

And a badly angled shot of her holding it like a steering wheel -

She kept turning away as I tried to get the right angle to take it before she finished it or the battery died. :lol:

1 - 8 of 8 Posts