Rat Forum banner
1 - 20 of 55 Posts

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
The mama of my two first ratty boys is giving birth as I speak! So far (and she ain't finished)... 16!!!!!!!! :shock: :shock:

I am soooooo excited! The breeder who I will be getting them from is letting me have first dibs, too! I guess I'll have many bubs to choose from! :D (Oh and the parents are Mink Standards, I think, and the dad is veeeery squishy which excites me! Haha. I forget the other details of their lines right now because I'm so thrilled. :oops:)

I look forward to sharing pics when my boys are at least more than a day old (lol), and then more pics and also stories will be to come when they're with me. :) :) - I'll update this thread whenever I can.

I'm Laura, by the way! I haven't introduced myself until now just because I have been anticipating this birth and I thought this would be a better time than ever. As I said, these will be my first rats, but don't fret! I know all there is to know, I have been researching for almost 2 years now. I am more than ready. I will be doing everything I can within my means to keep them happy, healthy and loved. ;)

Laura
(Cross-posted at some other rodent forums)

·
Registered
517 Posts
Re: She's giving birth!!!!!!!!!

Ya get picture i cant wait to so them! Thats Awsome!

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·

Thanks guys!

watcha gonna name them?
Not sure! I have a huge list of boy names somewhere, lol, but I think I'll meet my ratties before making any decisions. :)

Pictures should come soon! They're 15 hours old at the moment and sleeping (that's what I'd guess since it's 10 in the morning), so I'm sure the breeder may wait a little while until disturbing the new troops. ;)

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·

17 bubs!!!!! :p Let's hope mama doesn't cull any. Send good luck vibes!

(Looks like there are ruby and black-eyed rats by the way! I'm hoping that I can get one of each! :D)

·
Registered
51 Posts
Re: She's giving birth!!!!!!!!! *Updated with first pic

awwwww!!!!!

·
Registered
798 Posts

i adore pinkies, good luck, and congrats on your new children lol :p
PS i noticed your login name is in french... are you from quebec to? it would be nice not to be alone here anymore haha.

·
Registered
517 Posts

Awwww so cute! I want them!

·
Registered
358 Posts

Look at those milk bands!
Your momma is doing a good job!

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·

Hi everybody! No second pic yet, but I have an update. ALL 17 bubs are doing fantastic! All big and fat with milk tummies. Mama is feeding around the clock apparently. :)

PS i noticed your login name is in french... are you from quebec to?
Nope, I'm from France. Well... I live in Australia at the moment. I grew up in France and am half French. Geez, I should have just said that I'm Franco-Australienne. Lol.

·
Registered
2,755 Posts

i'm glad to hear everyone is doing well. you should try to get new pictures up soon. they change and grow so fast

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·

Honestly I myself am really really itching for another photo of the bubs! They'd have some peach fuzz now, I'd say! But I'm not going to annoy the breeder... I've already done enough of that. Lol. She said she'd give me some pic updation when their coats come in.

It seems as though there are 11 boys that I will be able to choose from, by the way!!!! It's not totally confirmed, but the boys definitely out-way the girls. :D

·
Registered
327 Posts

AHHHHH If only we had rattiecam... 24hour live streaming....

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·

Eeeeee! Day 7! 9 girls and 8 boys (the breeder was way off, LOL) and they're all very fat and healthy for their age. There are some barebacks in there too which is a bonus! Whoo-hoo. :D

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
Re: She's giving birth!!!!!!!!! *Updated again - day 7

Message from the breeder:

Some have spots and mm saddles, then there are a few who look bareback but I will know for sure in a few more days. Oh and it appears that most of the boys have the least markings. Give us a few more days and I'll get some individual shots of them as their coats should be in and we should be able to tell them apart from there on.

·
Registered
482 Posts
Re: She's giving birth!!!!!!!!! *Updated again - day 7

Is it silly of me to ask what a 'bareback' is?

1 - 20 of 55 Posts