Rat Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
126 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Someone put a very vague ad on Craigslist for a free dumbo rat to a good home.
They gave no pictures. But said they will include a water bottle, a hide, and some food.

I sent them an email explaining my situation with my two rats, what i feed them, what their cage is, and that they get vet checkups.

I asked her multiple questions, listed here:

"Has your rat had any checkups?

Is she friendly with other rats?

Is her personality Timid or more brave and bold?

What kind of cage is she in now, and what accessories does she have? So i can know how to house her comfortably.

Does she get handled often?

Do you have any pictures of your rat? I'd like to make sure she doesn't look too similar to my girls to tell them apart. Or if you don't, and can't take any, do you know her coloration and patterns?

How old is she approximately?"

Here is the ad: http://seattle.craigslist.org/sno/zip/4920612815.html

I'm hoping to get pics and answers to these questions as I find it very important, but I don't really think she'll know much about what she's talking about, considering she doesn't list much information, and only has the one rat. (Not all people with one rat are ignorant, but this is very vague)

How should i go about obtaining the rat, or should I at all? Any help is appreciated! Thank you!

·
Registered
123 Posts
Sounds like someone who got a rat from PetSmart or a similar store and quickly realized it wasn't the right match for them. She could be a great pet, but you'd definitely want to make sure your questions are answered before you jump into anything.

·
Registered
863 Posts
I would go visit the rat if you can. Then you can see it's living situation and many questions will answer themselves. If you feel a bond with the rat, and it appears friendly and healthy, then go for it!

1 - 5 of 5 Posts