Rat Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello!
I hope this is the right way to ask questions
I have a rat whos about 2 years and 4 months old and she's developed a tumor behind her front leg, it's currently about the size of a grape and it's rubbing against the ground and impeding her movement
I'm not sure whether I should get it removed or not
At her age is it still worth it? As in, is it worth putting her through that when she may not have long to live regardless?
Also, I was wondering about the recovery, is there much risk of infection or further problems and how long does recovery usually take?
Has anyone experienced complications from the tumor removal surgery before?
Thank you!

·
Registered
15 Posts
Hello!
I hope this is the right way to ask questions
I have a rat whos about 2 years and 4 months old and she's developed a tumor behind her front leg, it's currently about the size of a grape and it's rubbing against the ground and impeding her movement
I'm not sure whether I should get it removed or not
At her age is it still worth it? As in, is it worth putting her through that when she may not have long to live regardless?
Also, I was wondering about the recovery, is there much risk of infection or further problems and how long does recovery usually take?
Has anyone experienced complications from the tumor removal surgery before?
Thank you!
in my opinion i think you should get it removed, i think all rats should have a peaceful death, but having a big tumor in the way would make it very painful for the rat, she could live for another year with that tumor, it would just be torture for the rat, so i think you should get it removed.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
in my opinion i think you should get it removed, i think all rats should have a peaceful death, but having a big tumor in the way would make it very painful for the rat, she could live for another year with that tumor, it would just be torture for the rat, so i think you should get it removed.
Thanks for your advice!
I ended up getting her tumor removed last week and she's currently recovering really well from the surgery

1 - 4 of 4 Posts