Rat Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
159 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have been offered a trip to switzerland for 6 weeks but I am unsure weather to go or not. I have a person who could look after my rats but I an afraid that I will loose their trust and they will forget our special connection. 6 weeks is a long time and I cannot take them with me. I went on vacation for a week and missed them terribly. Also, one of my rats is 4 years old and doesn't have much time left. I don't want her to die when I am gone because I cannot attend the funeral but If she dies before I leave then I will have to get a new rat so that my other rat is not alone. The first few months are so important for the bonding experience. My gut tells me to stay.....

·
Registered
8,526 Posts
It's only a month and a half, go! Your rats will be fine. If one passes, you can get a friend when you return but try not to think pessimistically. If you trust this person and they'll care well for your girls it's an opportunity that may not come again.

·
Registered
204 Posts
I would absolutely go! Leave your ratties with someone you trust 110%, and 6 weeks will fly by! They'll be just fine and they will remember you when you come back. What an amazing opportunity, don't let it pass you by!

·
Registered
2,292 Posts
I agree, this is a big opportunity and you'll oneday regret it if you don't take it. Your rats will be fine, just leave them with someone you trust wholeheartedly

·
Registered
159 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
I have been to switzerland before though....

1 - 6 of 6 Posts