Rat Forum banner

should i stop this behaviour?

775 views 8 replies 8 participants last post by  sarasmithhh 
My rats bite my fuzzy socks hard...so hard lol they want to steal them as nesting material I think cuz 2 of my 3 do it and they are my more rambunctious ones. So watch out that the nipping of the socks may get harder and you may have to defend your feet lol. But I wouldn't be too worried about the fingers personally. Some people are very strict and say to nip any kind of biting in the butt right away but when I first got my boys they would test out my fingers, mistaking them for food when i would feed them treats. Then it stopped for a while. Then they started nibbling my fingers very gently every once and a while and still do that to this day, idk if it's out of curiosity or just for fun or what but it has never turned into an issue for me. You can judge on your own though whether you feel like the nibbling is becoming harder that it's going to become a problem then I would probably try to stop it. I've never personally been worried about it though.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.