Rat Forum banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
367 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Well ok, everyone has for the most part seen my threads about Ty and Rikki and their constant battles. Rikki finally healed from his amputation surgery of his tail, and the boys are back to acting basically normal as per usual. After watching them for the past several weeks I've noticed that calm little Rikki has sort of brought the tail chomping on himself. He isn't rough with Ty necessarily, but he will sit and torment Ty till the guy will jump him and they get into it and I separate. This doesn't' happen often, usually they are all over each other cuddling it just seems when they do fight it ends bad (hence the tail amputation).

I'm going to go ahead and schedule getting Rikki fixed, as I think having Ty fixed has sort of thrown him into some hiearchy confusion. Rikki never before provoked Ty to fight with him. Rikki has always been incredibly shy and mostly stays in my hoodie for cuddles, so to see him actually make Ty act that way I'll assume it's part of Ty being fixed and sort of all "mellow" now? Ty usually ignores it till Rikki just makes him mad, and in some ways I cannot blame Ty. I noticed a couple rough nip marks on the back of his neck where he has basically let Rikki chomp on him before getting after him.

Now here is my question, before the rat battles between Rikki and Ty I had slowly tried to introduce Monty and Poe to them. The four play alright together supervised, but I stopped when Monty and Poe had the sniffles anyway. My question is once Rikki is neutred would it be a good idea to go back to trying and getting these four guys together? Would more boys together possibly help the Rikki and Ty situation or just mean more rats to fight with? Rikki and Ty are a year old and Monty and Poe are only about four months. I don't intend to have the smaller boys fixed for a good while, but they are more shy and docile in nature. Even when they play with each other they are very gentle about it. I don't want my big personality guys like just railroading them over! I did originally get the new boys though in hopes that all four would live together of course I know that doesn't always work out.:p

·
Registered
367 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
Well after talking with the vet Rikki is getting fixed in a few weeks. I'll come back to the idea of getting all the boys together after I see how things turn out with Rikki getting snipped.8)

1 - 2 of 2 Posts