Rat Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
455 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
The older boys don't enjoy water so I don't force them through this, but little Kennedy loves water, and being adventurous. What did he do? Sit on my shoulder and shove his head into the stream of water of course!

It was his first time in the shower, so I let him stay far away from the water if he wanted to. Little nugget ran right between my (dry) feet and into a puddle of water. I let him run around a bit, then he acted like he wanted up so I picked him up and he sat himself on my shoulder. I kept moving so only one shoulder was in the water and he'd run over to the wet one! I wanted to actually wash my hair so I put him in the dry little soap nook (only used for a loofah) but does he want to stay there? No!

I'm so happy this went so well!

Attachments

·
Banned
6,244 Posts
Yup, our new pup seems to enjoy shower time too, it must be a fad or something.

·
Registered
36 Posts
That is so awesome! My ratties do not really like the water, although the younger two seem to get their feet wet more than the older. I've always let them come in the bathroom and play while I shower and if they ever wanted to climb in, they were more than welcome!

One of the older one's curiosity got the best of her when she got into the shower with me, climbed up my leg with her claws, and proceeded to sit on my shoulder. I too tried to keep her out of the water, but she got right into it, freaked out, and wanted out! That was pretty much the end of that.

Now the older ones act like I'm trying to kill them if I get them anywhere NEAR water. Unless I throw food in the water - then all of a sudden they are diving ducks!!!!

Lucky you!

1 - 3 of 3 Posts