Rat Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
468 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Two of Roxie's babies have this coloring and I'm not sure what it should be called. I don't know if this would be siamese, himalayan, or what..So I was hoping you guys could help! The boy and girl are like this, but the girl's markings are a lot easier to see, so here she is:

Here you can see her face:

And here's her body:

·
Registered
500 Posts
It's hard to tell from the pic; does she have a dark spot on her nose at all? Or near her tail base, or around her feet? I'm not sure what age himalayan and siamese babies get their dark "points", or if they're born with them? Anybody know about this one? Here's a pic of one of my girls, at about 9 months to a year old. She's a siamese....

But since yours is so young and the dark spots tend to spread and darken with age, she probably wouldn't have such distinct markings? Not sure, wish I could help more...

She's a cutie, anyways. Love her smoky color on her back.

·
Registered
468 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Yeah, she does have a dark spot on her nose, although I know it's kind of hard to see in these pics. The dark spot was just on her butt, but it seems to be spreading more up her back as she gets older..

I'll try to take some better quality pics soon!

·
Registered
2,160 Posts
siamese start off with a darker color & fade to cream with points

himalayan start off light colored & then darken up with points

If you babies started out with that caramel color all over & then began to fade then you have siamese marked rats

1 - 4 of 4 Posts