Rat Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
58 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So my little Louie is in fact sick, not just new home sneezes. He started making clucking and clicking sounds. I emailed my vet and she said to start them on amoxicillin and doxycycline (I can get them because my mom is a vet tech, but not for exotics which is why i'm here) We plan on starting in a few days. I was just holding him though and his breathing sounded weird, almost wet? Is this really bad? Do I have a Day or two to get him on the medication? And how soon should i see improvement?

Also does his brother Olimar need to be medicated as well? he has some nose discharge but nothing else.

(my boys are about 5 weeks old, I have explained why I got them so young on other threads)

Thank You!

·
Registered
1,390 Posts
I would get him on them asap but if you can't get them for a day or two or three then its shouldn't be the end of the world.

·
Registered
58 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thank you, do you think it matters if its only the amoxi for now until i can get the doxycycline? or should i wait until I can give both medications?
also should i medicate both of them?

·
Registered
1,390 Posts
This might not be right because I have limited experience with sick rats but, I would wait to do what your vet pescribed. Unless of course he is extremely sick.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts