Rat Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
161 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
There Is a small hole-In-the-wall pet store In my neighborhood. Lately, the rats there seemed very sickly. A fawn female there is blind in one eye and had scabs all over her body and tail. An albino has an ear missing. Another has scabby ears. Most of them have bumblefoot. Some even have eyes missing. Its horrendous. I wanted to take pics to show you guys, but the owner wouldn't let me. What should I do?

·
Registered
272 Posts
Sounds horrific! I wonder if there is any animal protection agency that could help? Humane Society?

·
Registered
161 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
The rats there are feeders, so nobody cares. Its awful. The humane society won't do anything. I tried.

·
Registered
97 Posts
Take pictures when the owner isn't there. If they try to tell you no, ask them why they don't improve the conditions if they're so worried about them being seen like that? I guarantee if you post pictures of the state these animals are in to the right advocacy groups, they'll have plenty to say about it. Just because the rats are feeders doesn't mean they deserve to be treated inhumanely.

Edit: Just did a quick google search of reporting animal cruelty in Nevada and found this link: http://www.nevadapoliticalactionforanimals.org/#!crueltylaws/c1qj0

It seems like animal control might be the people to touch base with. I would get pictures to show them as well

·
Registered
333 Posts
That sounds horrible! I would definitely try to get a picture taken when no ones looking. Just put your phone in your sleeve and pretend to scratch your head or something.
It's a shame the humane society won't help.. Maybe they could direct you to someone who can? Sounds like cruelty to me. :(

·
Registered
161 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Im going to sneak a picture probably tomorrow. I'll post them here and I'll send them to the humane society. Maybe they will change their minds!

·
Registered
97 Posts
Animal control and the humane society are two different groups, theRatGirl. You need to contact animal control not the humane society. Good luck on getting the pictures though. Try to bring a friend that can ask questions about products on the other side of the store to distract the staff!

·
Registered
161 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Oh I know Aliceinwonderland, I didn't read your edit. I will report it to animal control asap. Thanks for the link.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts