Rat Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
1,479 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
when i press the logout button, it says it has worked then when i come back to the site, im already signed in, sometimes the logout works, sometimes it doesn't

help?

·
Registered
1,195 Posts
Do you store your password? If you do it probably just signs you in as soon as you get on the site.
Otherwise... do you have any other windows open to this site? That might be keeping you signed in...

·
Registered
227 Posts
I've had this happen on other forums. Sometimes you have to clear the cookies on your system to make it work.

·
Registered
227 Posts
Here's a good definition from Wiki:

HTTP cookies, sometimes known as web cookies or just cookies, are parcels of text sent by a server to a web browser and then sent back unchanged by the browser each time it accesses that server. HTTP cookies are used for authenticating, tracking, and maintaining specific information about users, such as site preferences or the contents of their electronic shopping carts.
Basically, I've had times where they have gotten in the way and kept me logged into boards. You should find an option to delete the cookies on your system through your Internet options. I don't know what web browser you're using, so I can't give you exact instructions. They're all slightly different.

·
Registered
261 Posts
sometimes and especialy in very popular and very busy sites, there is a delay in signing out. in other words, it might take a minute for the site to reload and sign out officialy. try pressing the F5 key on your keyboard or the refresh button, either works. clearing your cashe or your cookies can also help in this context. it will help you logout faster and also your computer will load pages faster. or maybe the problem is your internet connection. belive me, my antenae for my computer is 1,000,000,000 miles away; i have the same problem with loging out as you do.

try the cmd approach. this will work if you have a windows computer.
instructions:
click start
click run
type cmd in the box
type ipconfig/release
type ipconfig/renew
close the box
and now you should have great internet connection

if that doesn't work try this: (only for windows computer)
instructions:
right click the internet connection button
click repair
this should work if the cmd suggestion of mine doesn't work

please notify me if this helps or pm me if you can for more information if you have any extra spare time in your life -posting on ratforum. check your inbox for pm more often i should say.

good luck and remember thar rule: keep us posted.

·
Registered
10,641 Posts
So where did you copy and paste that from rattus?

All of a sudden your online flavour and typing skills improved. LOL

·
Registered
261 Posts
i didnt copy and paste it from anywhere. it is my own information and in my own words. my dad is a computer engineer at hewlett-packard so her tought me all this stuff a million years ago. if you need any more help, please pm me and i would be delighted too.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts