Rat Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
879 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
SO since Luna is in quarantine I was wondering what I should be looking for as signs of illness? I noticed she has been making some weird noises but I dont know if those are normal or not.

·
Registered
1,099 Posts
"Signs of illness may include but are not limited to any of the following:

* Porphyrin secretions from eyes or nose
* Sneezing
* Wheezing
* Rough coat
* Labored breathing
* Lethargy
* Hunched posture
* Swelling on neck or body
* Abscesses
* Scabs or itching
* Diarrhea
* Constipation
* Lack of appetite
* Eye ulcerations, bleeding, or swelling
* Visual identification of parasites including lice nits
* Abnormal odor from the rat
* Abnormal smelling feces or urine
* Respiratory distress
* Head tilt or abnormal gait
* Thinness"

http://ratguide.com/health/basics/quarantine.php

·
Registered
879 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
well I haven't seen any of those signs yet. But I know that doesn't mean they couldn't happen eventually. I know she definitely does not have a problem with appetite lol she's such a pig. The only weird thing I noticed were these little weird sounds when she sleeps. But it's not all the time. At random times its a faint little noise I have no way to describe. I cant tell if maybe its a breathing problem or just a cute noise she makes while sleeping. I mean my cats and dog snore and sometimes make sounds too. I wish I could find a way to record it to let you guys hear. I mean the girl at petco said she saw the vet and was fine. But you just never know. Something could have gone unseen. 8O

·
Registered
879 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
ok im a little worried because it's actually not just when she sleeps. Ok so i took out the yogis and she got so excited. Sniffing a bunch and she kind of had a little nose whistle and when she was eating the yogi she made the same faint little chirping type noise as when she is sleeping. Should I be worried or am I being overly worried? She has some scabbing on her snout but the girl said its a bite from one of the animals the rat used to live with. I dont know what to do.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts