Rat Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
97 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
the one i bought said it was silent but it mkes a banging sound when they run it drives me nuts. is there a wheel that is really quiet?:(

·
Registered
71 Posts
I bought the kaytee silent spinner. seems to be quiet but my girls haven't had it in full spin yet

·
Registered
99 Posts
maby your wheel needs some support to help i had one once i had to use a bunjie cord to hold it away from the cage wall so it wouldnt bounce it was a cheap fix and it didnt bother the ratties

·
Registered
97 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
mine run on it like there being chased by cats its funny how fast they can g and both will be on the wheel at same time .ill try the bungee first then the kaytee if the bungy dont work

·
Premium Member
4,287 Posts
I'm not sure if the uk version of the silent spinner is the same as the kaytee one but its pretty good, however you do have to make sure its well tightened up. That's both at the back, and the yellow bit in the middle at the front. ONce you've done that its pretty good.

I've got wodent wheels as well, they are not bad if you oil them with something edible (coconut oil is my fave) but don't half rattle if you have rats that like to eat or poo in there.

·
Registered
151 Posts
I have the kaytee silent spinner and it's actually pretty loud, not "silent" anyway, it makes a scraping sound and it rattles the cage with movement. it only bothers me if i'm trying to fall asleep, it doesn't wake me up from sleep.

·
Registered
9 Posts
Mine have a bucket wheel designed for hedgehogs, which is very good. No spindle, a smooth running surface, and a nice diameter. It's also deadly silent. Looks awful but they like it!

1 - 8 of 8 Posts