Rat Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Here’s a picture of one of my 3 male rats. He’s about 8 months old as are the other two rats I own. I named him Silver at the time because he is hairless
Fawn Terrestrial animal Comfort Snout Tail

Vertebrate Cat Carnivore Comfort Felidae

Rodent Fawn Whiskers Terrestrial animal Domestic pig

Gesture Finger Comfort Barefoot Thumb

and super agile. In fact, I’ve never seen a pet rat clear hurdles and climb vertical surfaces so effortlessly and graceful. He’s always getting these gnarly scratches and cuts on his backside because he gets into a lot of fights with the other two. It seems almost everyday there’s a new gash near his hind legs. He was once the alpha male in the group but it didn’t last and I think he’s bitter about it. He’s constantly trying to regain his title back but Rex my other rat isn’t having any of that. The funny thing is that Silver is only a third the size of Rex or my other rat Johnny. I’ll introduce those other two in a separate post. Silver is my favorite because we have a super bond together and he needs to be near me most of the time and he always has to sleep in my bed with me. The other rats would rather sleep behind my bed’s headboard. He hates being held for more than a couple seconds at a time and always wiggles out of my hand when I grab him. I think it’s because my fingertips must feel weird to him on his naked skin. It’s also difficult to pet him because he’s hairless and my fingers don’t glide over his body because his skin provides too much friction. He likes to sit on my chest and stare at my face for some reason.

·
Registered
387 Posts
Caress him around the face and neck and try belly rubs. My beloved Walter was half hairless and although he had a beautiful coat in his youth became my wrinkly old man later. Just be gentle with him and you'll be fine.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts