Rat Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
63 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
so my rat punkin....is small? I donno, she is a year old now approximately and she can still just perch in my hand.... And he friend bella is only 6 months old and has already surpassed Punkin in size 3x!

Is bella just taking all the food? or is she more dominant? Punkin isn't skinny, just very small! What to do....

·
Registered
3,509 Posts
Some rats are either very small or the runt (in the best sense of the word) of the litter. My Lily is absolutely tiny compared to all of her sisters, and we believe it's because she was the runt of her litter. She's at least half the size of her next biggest sister (Lily is also 1yr old)

I wouldn't worry about it too much, especially if she's perfectly healthy in every other aspect of her day to day. Just enjoy having a pocket-pocket pet lol

·
Registered
227 Posts
Not all rats are the same size. Does Punkin look unhealthy at all? You said she wasn't skinny, so I doubt it's her not getting enough to eat. It's possible she was also the runt of her litter.

Do you have any pictures?

·
Registered
4,535 Posts
My Bacardi is more than half the size of the other boys. He's perfectly healthy and even has something of a tum (because my roomie gives him extra treats) :lol: I think it's just certain rats. :)

·
Registered
97 Posts
My sweeties are different sizes as well. At first we thought it was because Tucka was a few months younger than Turfle, but it seems she is just going to be a smaller rat. Turfle isn't a big rat in her own right but she is about 2ce the size of Tucka. I think, like people, rats just have different sizes. :p

1 - 6 of 6 Posts