Rat Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
343 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi , I recently made a new hammock for my two girls out of an old fluffy towel and some metal fasteners.

My rats have always had a hammock of some type in thier cage but this one is having a strange effect on them !

They are sleeping in it a lot more than they ever have with any other hammock ive bought !
They spend most of their time huddled up in there together and dont spend half as much time rolling about wrestling as they used to.

Whenever I get in from work all i see is 2 sets of sleepy little eyes peering up at me as if to say "can you keep the noise down please?"

Im hoping they just really like it and its not some strange chemical in the washing powder I use thats doping them out !

·
Registered
1,097 Posts
:) well they might just be settling with age but maybe you can make an extra just like it. Ya know, for the time they decide to make the hammock lunch! :)

·
Registered
1 Posts
My girls also sleep in a bandana-hammock constantly!

They're not lethargic or anything like that, but if I leave them in their cage for more than 10 minutes, they are in the hammock, and they are calm and still. However, the second I approach the cage, they are up and raring to go.

I wondered if it had to do with an under-sized cage. I have 2 baby rats and their cage is ridiculously small. It's a birdcage, and the dimensions are roughly 12x24x6 inches, but it's just a temporary fix until I can build a custom cage...hopefully tomorrow.

But, if anyone else can comment on the sleepy-hammock craze, I'd like to hear more, there's more than one case!

1 - 3 of 3 Posts