Rat Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
368 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Sometimes Roxy will sleep with her head hanging off the edge of the shelf. Jut her head, not her arms. In doing some reading, some have wondered if it was due to breathing problems. I do not see any other signs of distress, and it does not happen a lot. What do you think??

·
Registered
2,054 Posts
The only time I've seen this was with a rat with myco, but that was constant head hanging. If it's only occasionally then I'd guess it's probably nothing. Keep an eye out to make sure it doesn't increase and do the rat phone just in case :)

·
Registered
680 Posts
Buddy was doing this yesterday. It seemed odd. What do you listen for when doing the "rat phone" to know if they're sick?

·
Premium Member
4,287 Posts
some do it any way when they are shattered but it can also be a sign of heart problems or breathing problems. If she seems lethargic or not herself or is showing any signs of breathing problems (not including the odd sneeze) then it's worth taking her to the vets. Otherwise she's probably fine

·
Registered
555 Posts
Buddy was doing this yesterday. It seemed odd. What do you listen for when doing the "rat phone" to know if they're sick?
You press your ear against the middle of their tummy and listen for any weird sounds such as gurgling, clicking, wheezing etc. you should only be able to hear their heartbeat and sniffing sounds if they are in fact sniffing.

·
Registered
368 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
some do it any way when they are shattered but it can also be a sign of heart problems or breathing problems. If she seems lethargic or not herself or is showing any signs of breathing problems (not including the odd sneeze) then it's worth taking her to the vets. Otherwise she's probably fine
Roxy is fine otherwise. She runs, plays, drinks and jumps. She has always been e one more apt to want to come out for lap time. She is my shoulder rat, and still goes there wen I have her out.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts