Rat Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
330 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
i was wondering if its safe to sleep with your rats, mine really like to sleep in my bed and i was wondering if it would be ok for them to sleep in the bed. and would it be easy to squash them! =[ i have a double bed btw

·
Registered
517 Posts
Um ya some people sleep with them, ya but be careful you wouldnt want to squash them

·
Registered
1,195 Posts
Sometimes I'll take a nap while my girlies are still running around, I just make sure to be under the covers and tuck them in tight around me so that the rats can't sneak under. But that's only for 10 or 15 minutes, and I know I don't roll around during my naps. Sleeping at night (if that's what you're talking about) would make me nervous, I wouldn't try it if I was you. You could squash them and never know it! Or kick them, or have them work their way off the bed in that amount of time. Plus, there would be untold damage to sheets and blankets if you left them (basically) to their own devices for that long during their active time.

Plus, it's just really hard to sleep with ratties out! They like to stick noses in ears, taste eyebrows, walk on backs, and those sorts of things that generally make sleeping tricky.

·
Registered
330 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
ok thnx, one i did actually nap with them, but by mistake lol. they were in my jumper amd it was like midntight and i just fell asleep.oh and if i had their cage like right next to the bed with the door open do you think they would just end up goin back in. coz once i left the door open for a whole day and i came back into my room and they were in the cage and everything was fine (apart from the occasional dropping and a few chewed clothes

·
Registered
3,509 Posts
The closest I get to sleeping with my rats is in the bathtub (they come and lay and fall asleep on my chest). Usually mine will never stay still long enough if I put them in my bed, they get let out and it's all 'floor floor floor NOW!' Lol

·
Registered
4,535 Posts
If I did that I would end up with some very squished rats.

Or a very bitten me.

I toss and turn all the time.

Personally, I wouldn't sleep with them all night. Too many dangers involved.

·
Registered
549 Posts
simbakitten: be careful letting your rats sun around unsupervised, it really isn't smart. They could get into any number of things, destroying your stuff or hurting themselves. Animals (rats included) can and will chew through live electric cords.

·
Registered
137 Posts
One thing I've noticed with my girls is when they're tired of running around, they tend to lay down tightly next to me to rest. I'd be nervous sleeping with them since in such a position I wouldn't even have to roll over to crush them, just move a little bit.

I have fallen asleep on the couch with them before, and they eventually just hunker down and fall asleep with me... but on the bed I'd be a lot more concerned.

·
Registered
330 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
PPL DONT WORRY!, im not gonna go sleep with them and squash them. i was just wondering, i was thinking more of when there in my jumper or sumthing, i normally get really tired and endup neerly falling asleep, but ya i think il just keep them in thier cage for now, lol.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts