Rat Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
195 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey all, I'm curious, my boy has a couple of batches of slight discoloration on his sides, it's a very light, almost creamy orange coloring... Is this buck grease and is it necessary to bathe him? If so, what's the best method to go about doing so?

·
Registered
123 Posts
Yep, sounds like that is what it is. If he doesn't like the water, you could try wiping him with a wet towel/paper towel. If that isn't enough, you could put a bit of baby shampoo on a wet paper towel, wipe it on him, then wipe it off with a wet paper towel, then dry him. Probably best to give him a full on bath if he will tolerate it though.

·
Registered
195 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Thanks for the feedback everyone. Since I just brought him home, and we're still getting used to each other, I think a bath might be a bit overwhelming at the moment, but I'll try maybe a little warm water in the bottom of the bathtub and using a wet washcloth on him.

·
Registered
195 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Attempting a bath last night, and Alfie was having NO parts of it. I took a warm, wetted papertowel and wiped him down instead, but it's going to take a bit more than that I think. His last owner never bathed him. Might try the baby wipes next, or attempt to get him used to a real bath. we shall see! Thanks for the advise everyone.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts