Rat Forum banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
335 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm a little worried because one of my girls, who is normally the quirky don't-pet-me-I'm-too-busy type, who will squiggle out of your hands if she gets the chance, has practically been sleeping since yesterday, and didn't seem to feel like getting up last night to romp with her sister, which is extremely unusual. They normally sleep all day, but if I call them they wake up, and if I play with them, they popcorn--not today for Marcie. I found her sleeping in the litter box and picked her up and she was like a limp noodle. I put her on the bed and immediately she sidled up to me and sat very still with her eyes only half open. Every time I touched her her eyes would drift shut, almost as if she couldn't keep them open.

I've listened to her lungs and they sound clear. Her feet and ears (I think?) look a little paler than usual so I'm a little concerned she may be dehydrated, but how can you tell and what remedies are there for this if she doesn't seem to be interested in water from a syringe?...It could be tummy upset, I suppose, but she and her sister eat the same things and Pip is fine.

I think the vet is open tomorrow; I was going to use the weekend to monitor her and if it's no better by Monday, take her in for a look over, but if she's dehydrated she might need to go in tomorrow?

Any ideas on what this could be or what to do to try and nurse her energy back?

·
Registered
64 Posts
I'm not sure whats wrong with her sorry, but this is a good re-hydrating formula:a:

295 ml warm water, 1 teaspoon sugar, 1/3 teaspoon salt.
Mix well, refrigerate extra, warm up to feed. Use a measuring teaspoon.

​I use Nutrigel for when my rats aren't eating or and a bit on the skinny side

Hope this helped a little bit!

1 - 2 of 2 Posts