Rat Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
115 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey guys! I've had a critter nation since last September and I love it. I really do. I find it hard to decorate, and I thought the easiest way to show you guys what it looks like, and to get advice from you would be to make a small video showing my cage! Just follow the link and it will take you straight to the video. I would adore some feedback on how to make my cage enriching for my ratties,https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=q7Bj2lkz6oE

·
Registered
581 Posts
I have a lot of wooden chew blocks and random things laying around the cage for them to play with. :3 I always disliked that I couldn't put a bunch of hammocks everywhere in my CN, but I figured out a way to make it more fun, and to have more variation; Add more rings to the hammocks. It lets them hand lower and, if you space them right, you can make a sort of jungle gym for your rats. XD Make things hard to reach, but make them fun places too. :3 My girls love running around on all of the hammocks. Also, some rope is always pretty fun to put around. (I used regular yarn and I turned it into a crocheted chain and then I crocheted the crocheted chain into a crocheted chain and then I cut it into three strips and braided them together. [Sorry if that's complicated XD] and it made a pretty thick and stable rope out of yarn! :3)

·
Registered
126 Posts
Someone on my own cage post told me about some mroe natural things to use for your rats,
some good choices that my girls LOVED were

a dig box (boiled rocks from outside)
foraging (put some food adn treats in the dig box)
nesting. (give some ripped up materials for them to take to their beds.)

·
Registered
126 Posts
Also make them climb a bit more perhaps by taking the levels out and replacing with sticks or ropes for them to balance and climb on :)

1 - 4 of 4 Posts