Rat Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
544 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So Roxi has two lumps. They are both behind each one of her front legs and are quite a small size. I have noticed it for about a month, but with christmas coming up, we havent been able to take her to the vets yet. We will do in the new year, but for now she is doing good. Like I said, they are quite small, one is larger than the other, and they are squishy when I touch them. They both appeared at roughly the same time which I find weird...

She is eating fine, behaving perfectly normally. Nothing about her is off, just her two lumps. Obviously, if she starts acting funny or something happens, then she will be going straight to the vets.

Does anyone know what it could be?
Obviously, i'm thinking tumors, but I was just wondering on your thoughts?

·
Premium Member
4,287 Posts
in that location abs soft abs squishy they are most likley mammary tumours but it could also be swollen glands of some sort, though if it was this I'd expect her to appear unwell in some way

·
Registered
544 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
yeah I was thinking that. When my old rat Rhona, had a lump i did research about tumors (because thats what I thought it was. I mean, you see a lump, you automatically think; tumor. But it wasn't. She had an infected mammary gland) Its just weird that they appeared at basically the same time, in the same place on the body as eachother.

Luckily, my dad did agree to let her have surgery to have them removed. Which is such a relief as she is my heartrat-she's a very special little girl. I'll be booking her in for a vet visit after christmas somewhen and see what happens then.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts