Rat Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
75 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
My rat seems small for her age. I think she is about 5 months. I've had her since she was 4 weeks. I have a younger female who is about 3-4 months and she is bigger. I've looked it up but can't find any answers.

·
Registered
4,535 Posts
Some rats stay small. I have one boy who is almost half the size on my next biggest boy. We thought he was huge (he's the oldest) until the others swiftly surpassed him.

Photos could help. There are dwarf rats, though I'd doubt that's the case unless you got your rats from a breeder with dwarf in their stock.

·
Registered
75 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I got her from a pet store so I don't really know anything about her genes. ... I just want to make sure she will be okay.

·
Registered
4,535 Posts
Is she displaying any other signs of illness? Off her food, water, foofed fur, excessive porphyrin, etc? If not, I don't think I'd worry too much, unless she really seems ill.

·
Registered
3,509 Posts
I agree with Forensic - unless she shows signs of illness etc I wouldn't worry. Sometimes you just get the odd 'shrimp' of a Rattie. LOL

Eg, I have 4 sisters, Lily, Jennie, Niki and Kitty. Lily is the smallest by far; she's 1/3 smaller than Kitty (the next biggest) and Niki and Jennie (the two biggest) are perhaps double her size. Although they've all got the same genes, Lily's just the tiny trouble of the group and happy as larry

·
Registered
486 Posts
Possibly the runt of the litter...?

There was a male runt in Dotty's litter and he was tiny, but yet managed to survive - Until my brother had him for a few months then he passed away, but I believe that his evil girlfriend did something to him, as she kept on moaning that she didn't like him :( :x

1 - 7 of 7 Posts