Rat Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
216 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Poor little Dance...
I was cleaning out the cage from the top door (it is dead center on top of the cage,) Starr and Dance were exploring all over me and the top of the cage. Starr noticed a piece of string hanging high on the wall and was climbing on the upper edge of the open door to try to reach it while Dance was just climbing out of the opening. I had just pulled my arm out of the opening when *SLAM* Starr accidentally shut the door right on Dance's little foot! 8O She was screaming so loud my son heard her from the other room. It took me what seemed like eternity to figure out what was happening. She was squirming all over the place and I couldn't even see if it was her foot or tail or what. When I reached for the door handle (which is right next to where her foot was stuck,) she panicked and bit me on my thumb. I got the door open though and once she was free and had a chance to calm a bit I held her and scritched and soothed her. I didn't want her to think that I did that to her. :( I felt so bad that she would be so scared that she would bite me. Poor little thing.
Anyway, happy ending is... her foot was red and swelled up a tiny bit, but she never limped and it looked normal again after a couple of hours; and once she had a long rest she was super lovey with me again! :)
Starr still has no idea what happened. :lol:

Watch out for those doors. I am so careful when my kids are putting the rats away in the front-loading door to make sure they don't accidentally close the door on a tail or foot (since the rats hang out there expecting a treat.) Now I have a hook on the wall where I secure the top-door when it is open. :idea:

·
Registered
3,509 Posts
The amount of times I have caught toes and tails in the doors is ridiculous! Their little bitties get everywhere, don't they?

I swear mine either have a death wish or a pain fetish - e.g. I put Ivy away last night, popped her in the centre of the cage on the floor, quick skritch to Max and went to close the door. I was making sure none were there and suddenly Ivy bundles over and sticks her head out around the side of the door! While I'm closing it! The dosy bint. I could have trapped her at the neck.

It's all fun and games until someone gets hurt, right? lol

·
Registered
216 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
It's true. They are little rascals.
What does 'dosy bint' mean, you silly brit?

·
Registered
216 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
No apologies necessary! I love it! :D
I just like to find out what the slang means.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts