Rat Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
263 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Zim goes to church (three hours o-o), like a good little girl. And when she gets BACK from church, she discovers (to her fathers dismay), that the chili was left on. And now the house is filled with smoke. And it smells horrible, and everything is cloudy, and it's hard to see. She coughs a little, and after opening all the windows and doors, it's less cloudy, but smells like burnt food (...which it is). Uck.

... And my rats. My rats, my little babies... They were in my room, closest room to the kitchen (right next to, actually), and consequentially, the one that seems to smell the least (thank goodness!). I'm pretty durn scared about them, Mimzy and Zita. The smoke CAN'T be good for them, no no no. I'm just happy they didn't get a whole lot of it (my door closes by itself, so that's probably what stopped most of it), but I'm still worrying like a little crazy girl. A mi no me gusta mi familia, because they think I'm crazy for being concerned. I took them outside for a little walk (let them stay in an upsidedown igloo) to air out their little lungs, and they SEEM okay. But don't they have a big tolerance for pain? Not show signs of sickness that early?

SO, THE POINT OF MY POST- Should Zim take them to the vet for a checkup? The sooner the reply, the better. Thanks in adanced :3

·
Registered
527 Posts
i think if they seem fine, you should just observe them for a day to see if anything changes. afterwards, i think they're probably okay.

on another note..it's nice to see you back on here, zim! ;]

·
Registered
263 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Haha, nice to BE back!

Well, one just had a little sneezing fit... Can't tell which, I was too far away and their both PEWs.

Yeah, I'll wait... But if they keep sneezin'....

·
Registered
2,160 Posts
the sneeze could be a signal of their displeasure to the odor

give it a day or so & don't worry too much...

think about it this way, you don't care for the stink & their sense of smell is like 100 times better

1 - 6 of 6 Posts