Rat Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
what are some snacks that your ratties absolutely cant resist (I know all rats are different just seeing what others enjoy)

also what are some reco
mended ways to play with your ratties.

mine are about 5-7 weeks old and terrified of about everything new. I have had them about a week. any suggestions would be wonderful

·
Registered
664 Posts
One game that my rats love involves burying unsalted sunflower seeds and letting them dig around for a snack. I use Zoo Med coconut fiber reptile bedding and I put it in an old aquarium. It may take some time for them to get used to the dirt if they've never seen it before.

·
Registered
664 Posts
I buy a bag that contains 3 bricks of coconut fiber. I guess it depends on how big your container is. I use a ten gallon aquarium so I only need to use one brick of Zoo Med. It fills it up about half way.

·
Registered
270 Posts
My girls' top five foods/treats :
1. Blueberries
2. Watermelon
3. Smoked salmon
4. Vanilla yoghurt
5. Cucumber

Soon you will fondly remember the days when your rats were too scared to leave their cage :) Earlier today I looked at some pictures of my girls from such time. One clung to cage bars with her hind legs, while stretching herself as much as she could to reach a sunflower seed I held for her, but would not take a couple of steps outside the cage.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts