Rat Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

Registered
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi everyone, i have recently purchased two rats (Bear and Monkey) and Monkey has been practically non stop sneezing and wheezing. she has been eating drinking and doing everything else normally. I thought it could be stress but she has settled in and is happy taking food from my hand and is not running away from me. Her sister is not doing any of this and i am really concerned for Monkey, she is only a baby. Does anyone know what this could be or how to treat it/ what caused it?

Any help is appreciated , Thanks馃悁

Registered
Freddy, Alfredo, Juniper, Figgy, Dobby
Hey, this sounds like a URI. Put her stomach close to your ear and listen for wheezing there too. You might want to consider a vet

Registered
Discussion Starter · #3 · (Edited)
Thank you so much, i also just noticed that she is clicking as well even when she is relaxed and about to go to sleep. Is this another symptom or a URI? EDIT: Just checked her stomach and can hear some rasping. She started wheezing immediately after waking up:cry:

Registered
Thank you so much, i also just noticed that she is clicking as well even when she is relaxed and about to go to sleep. Is this another symptom or a URI? EDIT: Just checked her stomach and can hear some rasping. She started wheezing immediately after waking up:cry:
Take her to the vet!

Registered
Clicking and wheezing definitely sounds like vet care is needed, antibiotics will be prescribed. One of my girls was like this, still is. Got the runt of the little really, has had this issue a few times now. Irritable lungs. Nothing else you can do about it really. Be careful on what products you put in the cage and keep an eye out for future noises. Hopefully this will be the only incident and it can happen in new surroundings

1 - 5 of 5 Posts