Rat Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
506 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
One or my rattie boys I bought, ended up having a URI. So I took him and Lich to the vet, and she put them both on baytril for a week. Lich cleared up, but the little guy kept on with the sneezing. He dosen't have sniffles anymore, but is still sneezing frequently. My vet put him on baytril for another two weeks, so hopefully that knocks it out. I was just curious, could he have allergy's? we are halfway through the two weeks, and he still hasn't stopped with the sneezing. I use cloth for bedding, so I know thats not it. She (the vet) was thinking it might not for sure be a URI, but treated him just to be on the safe side. So what do you guys think? I mean he seems fine other then the sneezing.

UPDATE:
Well, we finished the two week round of baytril and his nose hes phlem in it again. I suppose it means another trip to the vet. Sees like she is going have to put him on doxy this time. :(

·
Registered
221 Posts
Re: Sneezing

My girls both sneeze, one more than the other. I've had them both vet checked and they have no problems. For them it seems to just be an excitement thing. They usually sneeze when they are out of the cage and playing. I'd keep him on the Baytril just to see and then after that if he's still sneezing and you think it's allergies, try investing in a cheap air filter.

·
Registered
221 Posts

I got mine used for $50. If you look on Craigslist or similar sites you can probably find a used one. I'm not sure how much one would cost new.

·
Registered
2,160 Posts

fabric could cause an allergic reaction, they could react to the type of laundry detergent you use

don't use any fragrances around them

Be careful about the smells & the products you use in the room with them

Hair styling products, perfumes... the list is endless

·
Registered
506 Posts
Discussion Starter #7

I don't use anything in the room with them, and I always wash my perfume off before holding them. Maybe it's on my clothing or something. -_- I've even given up burning my candles in my bedroom, but it hasn't helped. Mind you I didn't burn them in the same room as the ratties in the first place. The ratties are in the living room. I haven't heard him sneezing today, so hopefully it wa just a slightly stubborn URI. *crosses fingers* One that will go away with the baytril.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts