Rat Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
193 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Should I be worried about a little bit of sneezing? Pepper does from time to time, not a lot but usually goes at least once while I'm visiting. I have some baytril left over, should I give it to her?

·
Registered
581 Posts
I have a really hard time with sneezing... My girls, especially Neera, have had on-and-off URI's for a bit now. They finally seem to be over them, but Neera still sneezes a lot. It's been about a month since I stopped medicating but she still sneezes. However, I never hear anything in her lungs and she's extremely active and eats well. But that's for her case. Has your girl recently gotten over a URI or can you think of anything that might have triggered one? Is she unusually sensitive?

·
Registered
193 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
She was sick when I first got her....in February I think. I treated her with Baytril and she got better. A month or so later I got another girl who was also sneezing. I kept them apart for atleast a month until the new girl wasn't sneezing and now they live together. It seems since I added the new one Pepper has had a bit of a sneeze. She seems a little worse then before but again it's not too bad, not like when I medicating her. (she was bad when I got her as a baby) She's very active, eats well and all that. To me she seems healthy other then the little sneezes.

·
Registered
581 Posts
I'm by no means an expert, but I would wait just a bit... Check her lungs quite a bit and see if she's just sneezing for today. If it continues, then I might try medicating and see if it helps. Neera's case is a bit different, since she was on antibiotics for months straight, so I'm really cautious about using more on her now if she doesn't need them. If you feel nervous or anxious about it though, you might want to start medicating her with your baytril now, if you think it's necessary. Sometimes calming our own nerves is important as well, especially when it comes to things like this, where it is important. ^-^

·
Registered
193 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
She's been doing it for a little while now, but I did just move to a new house a month ago. Maybe she's getting used to the new smells....I think the previous owners were smokers, I know my allergies are bad too.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts