Rat Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
54 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
All 5 of my girls have been some what sneezy their whole lives, (two of them are about 1.5, the other three are probably 7 months). They're on fleece bedding changed once a week, I very rarely use ANY kind of smells in the room, I have a humidifier for when it gets too dry outside, when I clean the cage they play in the steamy bathroom. They don't have any other symptoms of illness, no polyporphin no behavior or personality change etc. Really I'm just curious if some rats are just sneezier than others, I keep worrying that I'm doing something terribly wrong.

·
Registered
452 Posts
I dont know very much about rat health, but this is just a suggestion- maybe theres something inside the humidifier, such as mold that might be causing the sneezes?

·
Registered
54 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Actually kind of funny haha, I only just brought the humidifier up for the winter and haven't even plugged it in yet because I have to buy a new filter due to mold! It's been raining A LOT here lately so luckily it's been humid enough without it. Thanks for the suggestion though!

1 - 3 of 3 Posts