Rat Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Alight I have two boys by the names of Oliver and Linus. We have only had Linus for 3 going on 4 days. Oliver is as happy as ever but Linus has been sneezing quite a lot =[ I saw a tiny bit of porphyrin a couple days ago but none since. He is active and eating well but there has been a bit of wheezing. I was so worried that I sheduled a vet appointment with petsmart becuase of their 14 day guarenteee thing. But after reading some stories about petsmart and this policy I'm not so sure I want to do that anymore. I heard that they take your pet and put them in a sick room and that sometimes it can take up to a week to get a visit to the vet and that somtimes they die in the waiting process. And then if Linus does get in pretty fast after he is done with his visit I have to adopt him all over again =[ so I'm not so sure about that. Right now the small animal vet is out of town...So I'm not sure what to do. Money is tight but I could maybe convince my parents to bring him to the regular vet. Is the sneezing anything to worry about? Does anybody else have any experience with the petsmart 14 day policy? Would bringing him to the dog and cat vet a good idea?

Any comment is very much appreciated! I'm so worried D:

·
Registered
10,640 Posts
Often a new baby will sneeze for up to a week, and then it goes away. We call it the "New Home Sneezies". You mentioned a bit of wheezing? Was it only once or twice or is it a constant thing?
When is your rat vet going to be back in town?

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I sure hope thats all it is =] that would be a relief.

Today Linus has been less sneezy but both of them have been making strange noises =/ Different from the wheezing,which I only noiticed a couple times. The noises are not constant, just ever now and then. I cleaned their cage today...maybe that has somthing to do with it? There was also a bit of porphyrin on Linus's eye...I'm not sure but I think it may be more than normal.

I'm not sure when he'll be back but I'll be sure to check. Hopefully soon. ugh I get so worried about them D:

1 - 3 of 3 Posts