Rat Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
4,535 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Can they eat alfalfa sprouts?

I'm going to get some tonight and was wondering if I could share?

·
Registered
2,755 Posts
technically they can eat alfalfa but there is absolutely no nutritional value in it and they just poop it out. though while in the stomach they are fooled into thinking they are full. too much alfalfa can also cause indigestion because it does take a bit of work to digest something that has no nutrition in it.

to answer your question, if you are the one who is doing most of the eating of the sprouts and they are only getting a few table scraps for a tasty treat i don't think there would be a problem but i wouldn't add it to their normal diet or give them very much.

·
Registered
4,535 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Rightyo!

Wasn't planning on giving them much, but they're little snitches if they're out on the table. :lol:

·
Registered
2,755 Posts
yeah, my rats are like that too. though they don't have to be at the table with me. they just have to smell the food and give me those "b-b-but moooooommmmm... we're staaaaaaarving..." eyes and they end up with a little dish of their own. :lol: i have a kitten that will get right in my plate though. he'll act all nice and ffectionate and purr and pretend to sleep beside me then SNATCH and run. or when he's feeling really bold he'll just lick the plate clean while still purring. i think he thinks that if he doesn't stop purring i won't notice him stealing. i don't think he's caught on that when he stick his tongue out to lick the sound of his purr changes.... ah... our furry children, gotta love them even if they are thieves.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts