Rat Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Of course, [email protected] have 3 females (at each shop) in and I was surprised that in one of them the girl said but they have to go as a 3 because we can't leave the one lonely. She then went on to tell me how one of the girls was her favourite animal in store and regularly come out for cuddles (I was in shock actually).

One pet shop said they have none.

The rescue is empty.

So I called my last pet shop, in a last ditch attempt. First he asked me "alive or frozen?". I actually recoiled on the phone. He then told me they have 3 rats in at the moment who are rescue... 1 female and 2 males who all need to go together... I actually said "please don't tell me their houses together otherwise you'll have a lot more on your hands". He paused and went "....no of course not....". I smell lies.

I would go rescue those 3 beauties but I don't have the immediate funds to spay the girl or neuter both the boys :(

I'm actually in shock. Alive or frozen. I actually said "Hiya, do you have any PETTTTT rats in store at the moment?".

Euk.

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
Update.

I made a last ditch attempt at calling a family friend from my partners side who owns a pet store (I've visited it a million times and never saw rats). He said he doesn't ever stock them but his friend is a breeder who actually gives a crap about the health of his animals, I told him I'd like 2 males or 2 females and he's going to give him a call :) He asked me what colour I'd prefer and I said "I don't care as long as they're happy and healthy" to which he replied "what a wonderful answer" haha :) He said they could be here as soon as Saturday oh my gosh!

·
Banned
6,244 Posts
I found my breeder through a pet shop too... a pet shop that only sells feeder rats. In any event rat breeders and owners tend to frequent pet shops and as they are regular customers they make friends among the staff... so yes pet shops can be a good place to start a rat breeder search.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts