Rat Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
174 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Over the past few days, I've been noticing a change in my girls. FizGig used to be alpha, then Whimsy, then Pixel (from what I could gather.) Now, I've seen both Whimsy and Pixel pin or power groom FizGig, and I've seen Pixel (my smallest, about 190-ish grams) pin and powergroom Whimsy (nearly twice her size)!

Is this normal for the social order to just switch like this? It's just so bizarre to see little Pixel pinning Whimsy.

·
Registered
1,195 Posts
Yeah, apparently it's normal. Or at least, that's what I was told when I asked this question... :lol: It very well might switch back later. I had a shock when Belgie pinned Sevilla for the first time. And then when I brought Lola home, she was totally submissive, and then became the dominant rat for a little while! Now she's back to being the omega.

I also think being in heat has something to do with it; with my girls, the one who's in heat gets picked on the most. So my thinking is that if the alpha rat was in heat, that might diminish her power enough to let the others take over, even if just for a night!

They just like to keep testing each other to make sure that they head rat is capable. And if she's not... off the throne!

·
Registered
174 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Hehe, my girls are spayed, so no in-heat-picking-on anymore. I did notice that though before they got spayed. Thanks for the info.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts