Rat Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I noticed a hole in one of my socks the other day so i decided instead of throwing it out, i'd give it to Willow. I washed it and barely got it in her cage before she was going wild. She would grab one end in her teeth and then jump all over it. Then she'd pull it into her igloo and then push it out again. She did this off and on all day today. Now I just looked over and she has it half pulled into her igloo and she is sound asleep on it. What a cutie! Just thought i'd share that. :)

·
Registered
407 Posts
What a great idea! I never thought of that. The only sock idea i ever had was taking a baby sock and turning it into a lttle sweatshirt for the double rexie thats we rescued since he shiverred all the time. lol

Actually, to be honest, I MAY have gotten that idea from something I read here, I dont remember (sheesh)

·
Registered
4,535 Posts
*ponders* I bet a nice big ole tube sock would make a neat hammie...

·
Registered
1,195 Posts
I kind of tried to use a sock like a hammock, but it didn't work for me. It might have been too small, though, and the girlies don't seem too into hammocks, anyway, so maybe it's just my rats that would ignore it.

·
Registered
133 Posts
My rattie gets all my hand-me-downs, lol. She LOVES the bluejeans in her cage right now. She has holes gnawed all through them, and she loves to sleep in the leg. The downside to this is, the other night, she was sitting on my lap as I was doing homework, and I was using my laptop, so she was sitting between it and my lap, keeping warm, I guess. When I put my laptop and Olivia away, I saw she gnawed a hole in my brand new pants. :( My grandma is going to patch them up this weekend, but I was really sad, this is the first new pair of pants I've bought in over a year. I hardly ever get new clothes, because I can't stand trying things on and shopping.

·
Registered
116 Posts
My double rex baby sleeps inside of an old sock and sticks his nose out of the hole in the toe. He loves it.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts