Rat Forum banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
Goldenboy 🐀♂️, Cinnabun 🐀♂️, Phobos 🐀♂️, Deimos🐀♂️
13 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi everyone! I have a rat with bumblefoot. I usually use hemp bedding in their cage, but it's a little pointy so I want to give them something softer for his sore feet.

I'm going to have to change the bedding every day or two to keep his bumblefoot at bay. I've been using Oxbow paper bedding but honestly, I HATE paper bedding in general. It stinks so bad and gets soggy. It's hard to find new bedding options because my boyfriend is allergic to some kinds of wood, but don't know what. He was allergic to Sani-Chips which sucked because I really liked that stuff. If anyone has any bedding recommendations that are similar to that I would love to hear them. I liked it because it was soft and fine but had no dust. It also kept odor and liquid at bay, and clumped up like cat litter! Honestly, it was amazing lol.

I would love to hear your bumblefoot bedding recommendations. Softness is the most important factor, followed by odor control and cost.

·
Registered
Oliver Bean, Phyllis, Waffle, Taco, Atlas, Cirrus, Orion
2,494 Posts
I have no experience with bumblefoot, poor little guy. I use fleece pads on the floors, with a couple of litter boxes and one big dig box with coco coir, so no actual 'bedding'. I've heard of some making their own if you have a paper shredder, use newspaper and cut it up fine.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts