Rat Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
213 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Nico, my two and a half year old rat has been only eating very small bits of food that are soft, such as oatmeal or tiny pieces of pasta. (Like the size of one of his paws) He wont accept oxbow adult rat food pellets, even if they're in small chunks. He also won't accept any hard food, or simply anything in large quantities. His feces are like half the normal size, is that because he's not eating? What's wrong with him?

·
Registered
437 Posts
Have you had a close look at his teeth? If they're overgrown or damaged then he may only want to eat soft foods. Two and a half is fairly old for a rattie, unfortunately it's the time in their life where their health is most likely to deteriorate. If you can, get him to a vet and until you figure out the problem keep him fed up on soft foods like cooked carrots, mash potato, avocado, yoghurt etc... You may want to start weighing him weekly also, just to check he's not loosing too much weight.
I hope everything goes well for you and Nico.

·
Registered
2,054 Posts
I'm sorry, but have you even read any of the responses to your other 2 posts? By singling your request down to one question, we're missing the big picture. Please go back and read the responses you got here http://www.ratforum.com/showthread.php?246353-Loss-of-Appetite-and-Respiratory-Infection and settle with one thread so that we can actually help you and your rat. I'm sorry if this seems rude, but what you're doing is not going to get you the answers you need. Your first post (linked) was very informative and gave us what we need to help you. By continuing to make separate posts you're only confusing the matter.

·
Registered
213 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
I checked his teeth and they don't look like they're overgrown, but the bottom ones sort of are at a slant, slightly leaning to the left. Is that jaw damage?

1 - 4 of 4 Posts