Rat Forum banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have a couple of 10 week old rats who have been with me for about 2-3 weeks, and one of them has constantly had very soft, VERY smelly stools (and farts!). I initially thought it might be to do with the stress of moving, but he was very friendly and confident from day 1 and, if they've improved over the weeks, it's only slightly. Does anyone have any ideas what might cause this?

He's fed on Isa-Mix 11 from Ratrations, with a little egg or mealworm due to his age. I must admit, I haven't been as good on the fresh fruit and veg recently so I don't think it's that. He has also been sneezing since the day I picked them up, but this has improved a fair amount. Both new and old rats have been checked by an exotics vet for respiratory issues and come back clear, so I believe he's just particularly sensetive and I'll be trying different bedding material. His brother is absolutely fine. He doesn't seem dehydrated, and has plenty of access to various water sources. There is a history of heart issues in his relatives, but again the vet check didn't pick up on anything.

If anyone has any ideas, my nose will certainly appreciate the help! ;)

·
Registered
SHADOW - Hooded rat, very sweet STAR - Dumbo rat, very playful, loves to sleep
17 Posts
It sounds like you are doing the right thing, so I would just wait it out and hope that he gets better! Good luck nose! 😂

1 - 2 of 2 Posts