Rat Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
162 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Holly raised a good point today in the General thread, where there was a topic that didn't start off with anything that would be considered upsetting to some members, but it evolved to the point where there was discussion about euthanasia of rats to feed them to snakes.

I think it would be a good idea that anyone who is changing the topic to go in that direction should have some type of ability to warn other members as to what the content of the thread is going to be about after that. I think that perhaps the creator of the thread should go in and edit the title of the thread to indicate that there are subjects being discussed that some members may find upsetting.

Perhaps something as simple as an X in the title would warn away members who would not like to read about any of the unpleasant topics.

Just an idea, anyone who has a better idea let me know.

Emy

·
Registered
995 Posts
I like that idea! I think (to spin off of what Taru started) that the threads creator shuold go to the first origanal post and add something like this...

EDIT:This thread starts to discuss (in detail) euthanasia (and or) feeding rats to snakes.

I'd put it in red so it would catch the readers eye. Whatya think?

·
Registered
2,755 Posts
i like the idea of the warning at the opening post in red for a warning. i'll talk to the other mods about it.

·
Registered
995 Posts
Thanks twitch! :p

·
Registered
995 Posts
Anything yet?

·
Registered
1,409 Posts
We discussed this and the agree that it's a good idea, but the best we can do is recommend that posters do it. If we spot any that haven't we will edit them and if there are any that we don't get to in time, please pm us or contact us in some way and we'll get right on it. Unfortunately, with the amount of new people signing up it's hard to make everyone do it, but we will certainly do our best.

·
Registered
995 Posts
Thanks Mods!! :D

1 - 9 of 9 Posts