Rat Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
2,292 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Ahh! After scouring the internet for the cheapest DCN prices, I was beginning to think I would never get one. So I went out on a limb and asked a local rat rescue if they had any spares they wanted to sell, and she has a Single until she'll sell me for $50! And conveniently, she's coming next Monday to the same vet as I use, so the meet up is easy. It's like it was meant to be! The only problem with the cage is that the plastic level is chewed, I know you can buy replacements though, does anyone know where? Also, since I will eventually be buying an add on unit to make it a DCN, I'm going to sell my current cage. What do you guys think is a reasonable asking price? The cage costs $170 new, but I bought it on a sale for $130. The people in my area tend to try and low ball offer a lot, they want nice stuff but don't want to pay a reasonable price.

·
Registered
2,292 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
Can someone tell me the dimensions of the shelf? Is it 23x18x3.5? Drs foster and smith has extra shelves for the FN, is it the same size shelf for the CN?

·
Registered
52 Posts
Congratulations, that's amazing!! I'm not sure on the dimensions, I check around amazon.com for a second too. It may still be somewhere on that site.

·
Registered
2,292 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
She didn't show me a picture, but from what I understood it seemed like she thought it was too chewed to still be usuable. I found extra shelves for the ferret nation on Drs foster, would those be the same size as the CN?

·
Registered
1,137 Posts
Yeah, the FN Shelves would work fine. $50 is a really fantastic price for a single! I do not know how old your cage is (or even what kind of condition it is in) but you would probably have a hard time selling it for more than $80 especially if people if you area low ball. I would probably start with around that but be okay with selling it for much less - $80 obo. The good thing about having a CN is since it is like the Mac of the cage world (with regards to its popularity), its resell value remains fairly high provided you keep it in good condition. It also helps that the CN is just overall a really great cage. Nice find, I am glad it worked out.

·
Registered
952 Posts
Im not sure about where you are but petsmart over here sells them in store and there are several sizes that double as kennel bottoms.

·
Registered
2,126 Posts
I got my DCN at petsmart the other week, they have there brand of the cage which is the exact same I would assume just not as good quality, but when I went they had the brand they carry and a DCN for the same sale price and they both were originally the same price. I know you can do orders with them so if they don't have them in they could probably order for their next shipment and get it in for you.

Sent from Petguide.com Free App

·
Registered
2,292 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Yeah I'll go in and see about them ordering me one, maybe it'll be cheaper that way. It all seems to be working out perfectly, I found a girl in my town with rats who's been on the hunt for a cage for her boys, so I'm going to offer her my old one

1 - 14 of 14 Posts