Rat Forum banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I am new to this site and don't know if I am posting this to the correct place but my rat baby Gandy (as in gandolf from the lord of the rings, sorry my husband named her before we realized she was a she) is sick... I noticed something off today when I took her and her cage mate sofia out to play while I cleaned the cage. Gandy seems to be moving slow but does not walk with a limp and does not seem to have problems walking other than it is not her normal run all over the bed kind of manner. So I picked her up and noticed some dry blood on both of her front legs but saw no scrapes or cuts.. When I gave them their yogurt treats she grabbed it from me like normal but when she went to grab it to eat it she couldn't she just toppled over backwards... So I held it for her and she ate it no problems but her little hands were upside down if that makes any sense like if you put your hands palm up on the table.. she seems really weak and lethargic and wants nothing to do with sofia. I also took the water bottle out and held it by her mouth and she drank it ok but when its hanging she wont drink... I also tried to feed her a bit from my hand but she didnt seem to want much to do with it and again she did not use her front paws to grab it.. please help something is wrong with my baby.. In case it matters I bought her from pets mart almost 2 years ago..

·
Registered
870 Posts
You should take her to the vet. At her age she could have had a stroke, but there could be other causes and only your vet can properly diagnose the problem or prescribe proper care.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts