Rat Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
383 Posts
Considering my three rats want to explore the DCN, the spare cage on top of the DCN, the nearby couch, and the floor beyond, I don't think there is such a thing as too much room.

·
Registered
65 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Lol! I've the same issue, the cage, the couch, (which has WONDERFUL covers on there (sheets), to protect against the Dober-feet on it, which are WONDERFUL little 'chutes o'fun!'), every bag/purse I own and, most importantly, 3 mouths in the house to explore, I probably have nothing to worry about either.

·
Registered
1,390 Posts
I want to expand mine but my parents say my two spoiled rats don't need it. Your soooooooooooooo lucky. :)

·
Registered
65 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Oh no, that was my next question, lol! What do you guys recommend for accessories? We had a hammock, little Riddles chewed off the hanging straps in 2 minutes flat! Right now, I've got it just lying on one of the platforms, and they're KIND of going in and out of it. We have one plastic igloo home in there, one little wooden one, (that Riddles is too big for now but, she still likes it so..), a hanging chew toy, (that both ignore) and I've taken the tray off the original, small cage we got for Riddles as a baby, and set that up in the bottom shelf, hoping they'll use it as a litter box. (Left the old bedding in there, so they can smell the wee and hopefully take the hint!)

·
Registered
25 Posts
Oh no, that was my next question, lol! What do you guys recommend for accessories? We had a hammock, little Riddles chewed off the hanging straps in 2 minutes flat! Right now, I've got it just lying on one of the platforms, and they're KIND of going in and out of it. We have one plastic igloo home in there, one little wooden one, (that Riddles is too big for now but, she still likes it so..), a hanging chew toy, (that both ignore) and I've taken the tray off the original, small cage we got for Riddles as a baby, and set that up in the bottom shelf, hoping they'll use it as a litter box. (Left the old bedding in there, so they can smell the wee and hopefully take the hint!)
I have a large wooden branch, 3 tube hammocks and one regular (they are attached with eyelets and metal clips so no chewing off), quite large dig box (just cardboard box with paper and cardboard strips and treats) and few cardboard boxes just to chew and hide and move around, few extra shelves, empty ceramic plant pot, one large and one small wooden hut, two baskets attached to cage wall and door, two litter boxes and few stones in them and some toys (tho my boys don't really care about toys unless theres food involved). And I ordered few things online as well, including one of those extensible plastic play tunnels, sputnik hut and couple of fruit and vegetable holders and food balls :)

I hope you got few ideas! :) although your cage sounds already really nice.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts