Rat Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
284 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So, myself and my partner were talking about our agouti Iggy (or mr boggly eyes) and were watching him during free range. He's totally well in himself, I have him checked out every 6 weeks with our vet so he's totally fine health wise but he seems....slow? Like when the other two are charging around the room he plods along so slowly, stops, then plods along some more. He seems to have more trouble than the others with navigation and doesn't pick up on a lot of things like the others do (for example, took the level out of their cage, replaced with hammocks and ladders, Milo and Theo running all around them, iggy just stood pretty much staring at it)
Basically, I was wondering, is it actually possible to have special needs rats? Not that I would love him any less, I am just genuinely curious as he just doesn't seem as with it compared to his brothers..

·
Registered
8,526 Posts
It could just be personality. Milo isn't too active so doesn't care as much it seems. He goes slower and is less quick than the others.

In any case. Circe is autistic, she's been to the vet and all and it's the only explanation. I believe it to be due to hw and litter size.

·
Registered
284 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Yeah, I think that might be the case. I think he's overly laid back xD
And autism? I've never heard of that in rats, what kind of things show autism in rats? Genuinely curious!

1 - 3 of 3 Posts